Episode 381: Poverty – the impact it has on health and what we can do about it
In episode 381, Mike and James invite Gary Bloch to talk in detail about the impact of poverty on health, and more importantly what can we do about it for our patients. In particular, we start to discuss a very useful clinical tool for dealing with poverty in primary care.
2) The Clinical Tool on Poverty
3) A novel income security intervention to address poverty in a primary care setting: a retrospective chart review
4) Building a Foundation to Reduce Health Inequities: Routine Collection of Sociodemographic Data in Primary Care.
J Am Board Fam Med 2016;29:348-55
5) Framework for building primary care capacity to address the social determinants of health
6) What is the impact on individual health of services in general practice settings which offer welfare benefits advice?
8) Taking action on the social determinants of health in clinical practice: a framework for health professionals