Mike and James celebrate their first anniversary by inviting a good friend and colleague Bob Rangno back to the podcast. We talk about things in medicine that drive us crazy and at the end we come to the conclusion laughter is the best medicine. We then write a Laughter Guideline and outline exactly how patients should laugh, when they should laugh and how often they should laugh.
1) The prostate specific antigen era in the United States is over for prostate cancer: what happened in the last 20 years?
J Urology 2004;172:1297-1301
2) Do you need sterile gloves when suturing a wound?
Ann Emerg Med 2004;43:362-70
3) Using tap water to irrigate a wound
Cochrane Library 2008
4) Lubricating a speculum is OK
Obstet Gynecol 2002;100:889-92
5) Reassessment of Clinical Practice Guidelines – Go Gently Into That Good Night
6) The evidence behind the guidelines