Episode 47: The April Fools’/Happy 1st Anniversary Podcast
Mike and James celebrate their first anniversary by inviting a good friend and colleague Bob Rangno back to the podcast. We talk about things in medicine that drive us crazy and at the end we come to the conclusion laughter is the best medicine. We then write a Laughter Guideline and outline exactly how patients should laugh, when they should laugh and how often they should laugh.
1) The prostate specific antigen era in the United States is over for prostate cancer: what happened in the last 20 years?
2) Do you need sterile gloves when suturing a wound?
3) Using tap water to irrigate a wound
4) Lubricating a speculum is OK
6) The evidence behind the guidelines