Episode 107: A rash of therapies for common and uncommon skin conditions
In episode 107, Mike, James and Bruce Arroll once again team-up and this time bring you a cornucopia of dermatolgical evidence and advice. By the end of the podcast, both Mike and James develop psychogenic itch and Bruce successfully treats them with Kenacomb.
1) DermNet NZ – pictures of more rashes than you could possibly imagine
2) Erythromycin for Pityriasis rosea
J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;42:241-4
3) Community-acquired pneumonia – covering for the atypicals – is it really needed?
BMJ 2005;330:456 doi:10.1136/bmj.38334.591586.82
4) Chronic erythromcin for COPD
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008;178:1139-47
5) TMP/SMX for head lice
6) Send in pictures of your rashes and find out what it is
7) Recurrent eczema – liquid bleach
Listening to this episode is for premium podcast members only. If you already have a membership, login to your account. If you aren't yet a premium subscriber, sign up today!