In episode 123, Mike and James chew on and regurgitate all the diet data that’s fit for consumption. They figure out that all diets have similar average effects on weight but that only the Mediterranean diet has any evidence of benefit in reducing cardiovascular outcomes. To celebrate this new found knowledge we both celebrate by eating 4 pounds of bacon (tofu bacon for James) dipped in olive oil.
1) Tools for Practice
2) Low glycaemic index or low glycaemic load diets for overweight and obesity
3) Low fat, low carb vs Mediterranean
4) 4 different diets (varying concentrations of carbohydrate, protein and fat)
5) Cohort data – increased mortality with low carb diets especially if protein and fat from animal sources
6) Very low calorie diets
7) Mediterranean diet evidence