Episode 380: Happy 10th Anniversary and a bunch of silly studies
In episode 380, James and Mike continue celebrating their 10th podcasting anniversary with Tina K and Mike K and the silly studies and confusion continue to escalate.
1) A randomized trial to assess the potential of different beverages to affect hydration status: development of a beverage hydration index.
2) Commercial features of placebo and therapeutic efficacy
3) Gender Roles and Pressure to be Truthful: The Bogus Pipeline Modifies Gender Differences in Sexual but Not Non-sexual Behavior
4) Kissing reduces allergic skin wheal responses and plasma neurotrophin levels
5) Longer Contact Times Increase Cross-Contamination of Enterobacter aerogenes from Surfaces to Food
6) Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments
7) Sexual Activity before Sports Competition: A Systematic Review
8) From junior to senior Pinocchio: A cross-sectional lifespan investigation of deception
Acta Psychol 2015;160:58-68
9) The Relationships Among Height, Penile Length, and Foot Size
10) Honey bee sting pain index by body location
11) Can Sexual Intercourse Be an Alternative Therapy for Distal Ureteral Stones? A Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study.
Evaluation of the efficacy of sexual intercourse in expulsion of distal ureteric stones.
12) The effect of acute increase in urge to void on cognitive function in healthy adults