Episode 37: Diverse listener questions and comments – Q & A with no QA
In Episode 37, we again review listener questions and comments around such diverse topics as Bell’s Palsy, viruses that break bones, glucose monitoring, glitazones and COPD. Both James and Mike give diverse answers with diverse meanings that even they don’t really understand.
1) The third study showing either no benefit or harm from aggressively lowering blood glucose – glycated hemoglobin level reduced from 8.4% to 6.9%
2) Studies of monitoring blood sugar in type 2 diabetics showing no benefit and increased depression scores
3) Beta-blockers and thiazides do appear to increase the chance of developing diabetes
4) 10-year follow-up of intensive glucose control in Type 2 diabetes
5) COPD guidelines recommending inhaled steroids as one of the first line inhalers
Listening to this episode is for premium podcast members only. If you already have a membership, login to your account. If you aren't yet a premium subscriber, sign up today!