Episode 156: PREMIUM Injecting common sense into painful problems
In episode 156, Mike and James inject a large dose of therapeutics into yet another PREMIUM podcast. We discuss steroid injections for trochanteric pain and which pain medication is safer for long-term use in osteoarthritis. At the end James and Mike offer to send the listeners lidocaine to dull the pain associated with listening to their latest offerings.
1) Corticosteroid injections for trochanteric bursitis
2) Fluoroscopy bursa injection vs injection by landmark
3) Steroid vs shock wave vs exercise
4) Are corticosteroid injections effective in the management of lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)?
5) Osteoathritis pain – NSAIDs or narcotics – which is safer?