In episode 501, Mike and James get back to being PREMIUM by talking about the impressive effect of Kangaroo care – listen to find out what that is. We also talk about the problem with guidelines around Vitamin D and yet again more evidence for delayed antibiotics.
1) Kangaroo mother care to reduce morbidity and mortality in low birthweight infants
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016 Aug 23;2016(8):CD002771
2) Immediate “Kangaroo Mother Care” and Survival of Infants with Low Birth Weight
N Engl J Med 2021;384:2028-38
3) Vitamin D recommendations in clinical guidelines: A systematic review, quality evaluation and analysis of potential predictors
Int J Clin Pract. 2021 Nov;75(11):e14805. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.14805. Epub 2021 Sep 15
4) Delayed Antibiotic Prescription for Children With Respiratory Infections: A Randomized Trial
Pediatrics. 2021 Mar;147(3):e20201323. doi: 10.1542/peds.2020-1323. Epub 2021 Feb 11.
5) Delayed antibiotic prescribing for respiratory tract infections: individual patient data meta-analysis