Episode 385: Talking about stem cell therapies with Tim Caulfield
In episode 385, James and Mike invite Tim Caulfield (author, professor and lawyer) yet again to talk about the marketing and evidence around stem cell therapies. Low and behold the evidence pales in comparison to the hype. At the end Tim states – “science is hard” – enough said.
3) Televised medical talk shows–what they recommend and the evidence to support their recommendations: a prospective observational study
4) The evolution of policy issues in stem cell research: an international survey
5) Reassessing direct-to-consumer portrayals of unproven stem cell therapies: is it getting better?
7) Polar Extremes in the Clinical Use of Stem Cells
9) Exploiting science? A systematic analysis of complementary and alternative medicine clinic websites’ marketing of stem cell therapies